Below are my current trends, which I’m sharing with you so we can coordinate with each other better.
- I like to be up as early, ideally an hour or two before sunrise. I’ve been on a pretty good trend, thanks partially to the lockdown. 🙂
- Each day I try to hit on the various facets of a good day, starting with meditation, refreshing my system, manage my docs, work on my business, work in my business, errands, exercise, outreach, socializing, and rest.
- I believe connection to Truth, with a balanced approach as we can, everything else follows. If we don’t, nothing else follows.
- I’m generally like to be more secluded earlier in the day, and more social later in the day.
- My inner clock doesn’t operate on society’s timetable, for better or for worse.
- For anything critical, the best time to reach me is usually noon my time, via phone.
- I try to get back to missed calls, SMS and FB Messenger within three days, and emails within a week.
- I’m often in contemplation mode so I’m sometimes slow to respond by today’s standards. Feel free to ping me again if there’s anything time sensitive.
- I use iOS, Windows, Android, Google Assistant and Alexa.
- Some of the apps I use include:
- ListPro – journaling, insight-tracking
- Start.Me – bookmarking, feeds, tasks and habits, worksheets
- Notion.so – org system, scripts, collections, frameworks
- ManicTime – Internet / app usage tracking
- Evernote – logs, note-taking
- TouchMail – visual email organization client
- WordPress – website platform
- Chrome, Firefox – web browsing
- Microsoft 365 – office apps
- G Workspace – office, cal, email
- Google Voice, FB Messenger – messaging
- Notezilla – Pressing notes
- Earth Class Mail – Mail Delivery
- Amazon – Shopping (duh) 🙂
- I’m each day learning to develop healthy habits and routines, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
- My greatest vices center on Internet addiction, so I try to be careful as I can be with my exposure, especially in the age of Trump news (which will likely be over soon, for better or worse).
- I’ve been very diligent this year, and every day get better, by ruthlessly tracking all my emotional triggers each time I slip, replacing them with a meditative mindset.
- I’m only interested in dialog what illumines the Transcendent. Whether we call it Truth, Dhamma, God, or Source doesn’t matter.
- In support of this, I enjoy sharing healthy work, learning, interaction, play, energy, media, empathize and study. I really enjoy sharing with each other how to live better.
- Small-talk or deep-talk… both can be beautiful.
- Whether we’re just starting our inner journey or have lots of understanding… it’s all good.
- I’m not the right person however for superiority of any one perspective, argument, overanalysis, scattered talk, mere venting, comparing, name-dropping, boasting, complaining, judging, gossip, worldly achievements, competing, speaking ill of others, and promoting self-destructive habits.
- No judgment (we all have stuff to shed)…but no indulgence either. I’ve turned over some leaves a long time ago, and some new leaves very recently… and want to keep this going.
- I enjoy videogames, movies, music, and books. I enjoy all types, though I certainly prefer those that have a spiritual significance.
- Gratuitous violence, profanity, and sex can be disturbing. But though ratings boards like to focus on these, these AREN’T the problem.
- The single most dangerous aspect in media is the premise that the best way to fight evil is to kill or conquer (rather than love) our enemies. Movies program our mind to think in terms of “us vs. them”. This message is so pervasive and so built-in that we don’t even realize our minds are being programmed to hate our fellow human brothers and sisters. Literally, the survival of the world hinges, I believe, on us to transcend this programming.
- The second dangerous ideal is explicitly or implicitly teaching us that social validators on sex, strength, success, and achievement determine our value as a human being. These can disrupt our connection to the guiding Truth within us.
- I love movies and TV shows that shows us a pathway to reconciling our enmity, vices, challenges, and ideals.